Middle School Talent Show: Wed, March 28
- What: Middle School Talent Show
- When: 5:30-7:00PM on Wednesday, March 28
- Where: LOWER SCHOOL Auditorium, 125 E. 85th, 2nd Floor (note location change)
- Who: Run by the 5th Grade Advisories of Ms. Perl, Ms. Wachs, and Mr. Braun
- Why: To raise funds for Dr. Rick Hodes‘s medical clinic in Ethiopia
- Cost: $5 a person
- Food: Pizza and snacks will be sold
Parents Council will sell NEW RAMAZ WEAR before the show!
Dr. Rick Hodes, an American Jewish observant doctor who has lived in Ethiopia for the last twenty years, is the Medical Director of Ethiopia of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee. Over the years, he has been in charge of the health of Ethiopians immigrating to Israel. Currently, he is the senior consultant at a mission helping sick and destitute people with heart disease (rheumatic and congenital), spine disease (TB and scoliosis), and cancer. He also has worked with refugees in Rwanda, Zaire, Tanzania, Somalia, and Albania. Dr. Hodes is the subject of a documentary entitled “Making the Crooked Straight” and the subject of a book entitled This is the Soul: the Mission of Rick Hodes by Marilyn Berger.
Ms. Elana Glasner, Ramaz MS math teacher, visited Dr. Hodes last summer and brought his amazing work to the attention of our fifth graders. Information about Dr. Hodes can be seen on his website, rickhodes.org.